Monday, July 16, 2007

A Ride to Remember !!


Yesterday I finally drove a car for the first time in the US. First times are always special :) After passing the California DMV motor vehicle written test on Tuesday. I decided to rent a car on the weekend. This is what I got !! I booked an economy car but I got lucky and got the huge Ford Five hundred as the car renter ran out of economy cars :) We(My roommates and me) did a lot of grocery which we always do when we rent a car just to avoid the hassle of carrying tons of food on the bus.. The best part was the ride at night...We suddenly decided to visit Stanford University as a couple of us hadn't seen that and we left home at 10 at night, reached there at 11:15 (as we always tend to miss the exits or take wrong ones!!) and returned back at around 1 am after having a burger at "in and out"... This was a luxury for us in our present conditions.. After returning the car while coming back in the light rail I was just pondering how sometimes we tend to miss all the simple pleasures in life..There is always some "first" coming our way.. May that be the first day @ a new workplace or meeting a new person for the first time or running a "hello world" program for the first time in a new language..Life would be really beautiful if we make it a point to cherish all the small joys that come our way..

All this in one line is - A Ride to Remember !!

No comments: